Important legal stuff
GDC is a trading style of Gould Design Consultancy Limited, registered in England and Wales company number 4308161. Our registered address is: 1 Western Gateway, Royal Victoria Dock, London E16 1XL
Our trading address is GDC, Import Building, 2 Clove Crescent, London, E14 2BE.
GDC is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
GDC may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name and job title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- The type of project you wish us to work on including specific project related information.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- Information about your use of this website (including cookies)
- Your website interaction information, such as anonymous IP Address, geological location, device and operating system, internet browser type and version, URLs with regards to how you came to this website, your activity on this website and where you exit to
- Information that you provide for completing a web form or mailing list subscription on the website
- And any other information that you send to the company
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- If you provide explicit consent, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products and services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
GDC use Campaign Monitor to manage our newsletter and bulk customer communications. We will store your name and email address, and certain information about the email links you click within the emails we send you, on a Campaign Monitor server.
We use Experian Business Assist to create bespoke lists of contacts who we believe will have a legitimate interest in receiving occasional information about the company and the services we offer and have validated this through a Legitimate Interest Analysis.
We use Experian’s Data Validator tool to ensure that the data we have is up to date and provide unsubscribe opt outs in all correspondence.
Software and Third-parties
GDC will use software and trusted third-parties to fulfil our contractual obligations to you in the performance of our services and completing transactions. By requesting information or delivery of a service and product, we process your data under the lawful basis of contract.
By registered with us, purchasing or requesting a service, you understand and agree that personal information you provide may be held on:
- Campaign Monitor
GDC does not sell or rent your personal data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. In occasional circumstances, it may be required for third parties to have access to your data to help us maintain our essential functions and services. In this case, GDC will ensure suitable contracts with them that confirm your data will be processed following GDPR regulations.
GDC may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
In the future, we may sell, buy, merge, or partner with other companies or businesses. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets, and we will notify you in advance of such transfer.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- o If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com or following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulations. There will be no fee for all reasonable requests. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: GDC, Import Building, 2 Clove Crescent, London, E14 2BE or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address.
We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.